1 applicant n .申請人
2 arbitrary adj 隨意的，專橫的
3 associate n 伙伴 adj 副的
4 assume vt 假定 承擔
5 attain vt 獲得，到達
6 authentic adj 真的，可信的
7 authority n 權利，官方
8 bead n 小珠子，滴
9 boom n 繁榮 vi,vt 使繁榮
10 bother vt,vi 打擾，麻煩
1 apply for 申請
2 arrest sb for sth 因某事逮捕某人
3 associate editor 副主編
4 an authentic report 可靠的報道
5 back to back 背靠背
6 be bound to 一定，注定
7 bear hardship 忍受痛苦
8 bear in mind 記住
9 beaten track 常規，慣例
1. assuming it rains tomorrow , what shall we do ?
2 the lion is the king of beasts .
3. we are bound to win the victory .
4. you will attain your objective if you work hard .
1. the agent was __ for carrying a false passport .
a arrested b accused c charged d suspected
2. when college students_______ future employment , they often think of status , income and prestige .
a anticipate b apply c assume d demand
3. i am sorry to have ___ you wish so many questions on such an occasion .
a attracted b abstracted c impressed d bothered
1. ---- why did bob cry?
---- he couldn't bear ____ like that before the whole class.
a making fun of b being made fun of c to be laughed d being made fun
2. seeing the road ___ with snow , we had to spend the holiday at home , watching tv.
a blocking b to block c blocked d to be blocked
iv. 詞匯練習 acd
v. 短語練習 bc